[R] list.dir() function

Scott ncbi2r at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 12 20:19:45 CET 2011

firstly - it looks like you define orgDir but then your code later refers to
indexDir? that being said, I don't think that is relevant.

You could always try upgrading to the latest version and see if the problem
goes away (if you're not already).

I can't replicate the issue here but we can't guess what version you're
running of R. It's always helpful to include What build/operating system
etc. Use the following command and copy and paste. into your reply please.

R.version

One option you've got perhaps is to indexDir into the directory and then try
the same commands you've mentioned in your post.

another option which might work would be based on these two lines.

a1<-file.info(list.files(indexDir))
mydir<-row.names(a1[a1$isdir==TRUE,])

let me know if you can't get it. I don't know why your code doesn't work.