[R] Win upgrade pb (virus)

Mario Valle mvalle at cscs.ch
Sat Nov 12 09:09:32 CET 2011

Thanks to all that responded privately!
If you have AVG and needs the colorspace (or ggplot2) package do the
following from a suitably privileged account:

1) Open AVG gui and select Components->Anti virus from the menu
2) Click "Advanced settings..." and then go to "Temporary disable AVG
protection" Here you need half a million clicks to disable protection
for 10 min
3) Install colorspace package from R (I installed ggplot2 that installs
colorspace)
4) Go to the user library and note the path to the colorspace.dll . In
my case it is:
"C:\Users\mvalle\R\win-library\2.14\colorspace\libs\i386\colorspace.dll"
(SHIFT-click and then "Copy as path" is handy)
5) In the open AVG window click "Manage Exceptions" then Add File and
add the path above
6) On the main AVG gui there is a big button that reenables protection.
Voilà, no more problems.

Thanks again!
                                         mario

--