[R] R Commander QQ Plot with triangular distribution

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Tue Mar 8 17:19:12 CET 2011

Dear R. Males,

This isn't really an R Commander question, since the qqPlot() function is in
the car package and is just invoked by the R Commander.

>From ?qqPlot: "distribution: root name of comparison distribution - e.g.,
"norm" for the normal distribution ... Any distribution for which quantile
and density functions exist in R (with prefixes q and d, respectively) may
be used." Thus, if there's a qtriangle() and dtriangle(), I suppose that you
should be able to get a QQ plot. Further from ?qqPlot: " ... 	arguments
such as df to be passed to the appropriate quantile function." Thus, you
should *name* the arguments to be passed to qtriangle() -- perhaps (of
course, you should use the correct names) min=3000, max=5000, mode=4000.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox
Senator William McMaster