[R] Rstudio question

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Mar 4 22:20:03 CET 2011

Dear David and Robert,

I noticed the same behaviour from RStudio (with Windows 7, R 2.12.2, and
RStudio 0.92.38). At the start of the session:

	[Workspace restored from ~/.RData]

	> ls(all.names=TRUE)
	[1] ".Random.seed"
	> getwd()
	[1] "C:/Users/John Fox/Documents"

Oddly, I never saved a workspace in C:/Users/John Fox/Documents and there is
no .RData file in that directory. As well, the random seed, which is the
only object in the current workspace at the beginning of the session, does
not appear to be preserved from session to session when I exit without
saving the workspace.

It's not clear to me what's going on, but it does seem to be innocuous.

Best,
 John

John Fox
Senator William McMaster