[R] Question re the plotrix package

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Wed Jul 27 11:19:03 CEST 2011

On 07/27/2011 04:57 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I am using the  clock24.plot command in this excellent package

You've won me

> to plot animal activity data.
>
> Does anyone know if both symbols and a line can be plotted on the same plot to show both raw data (symbols) and a line (describing a statistical model of the pattern) ? Or if more than one line etc can be plotted?

Hi Paul,
Amazingly enough, yes. I didn't think it would, but try this (modified
from the examples):

testlen<-rnorm(24)*2+5
testpos<-0:23+rnorm(24)/4
clock24.plot(testlen,testpos,
  main="Test Clock24 (symbols and lines)",
  point.col="blue",rp.type="s",lwd=3)
clock24.plot(testlen,testpos,rp.type="p",add=TRUE)

Jim