[R] Fwd: Rgraphviz installation problem

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Mon Jul 25 17:46:25 CEST 2011

On 07/25/2011 07:58 AM, Ram H. Sharma wrote:
> Hi All
>
> How can I adjust this path. My current path of Graphviz installation is:
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Graphviz2.20\bin
>
> and Rgraphviz is
>
> C:\R\library\Rgraphviz\libs\i386
>
> Please help me. I am new to Rgraphviz.

PATH is an environment variable. From the R FAQ for Windows

http://cran.fhcrc.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#How-do-I-set-environment-variables_003f

"For all applications via Windows. How you set an environment variable
is system specific: under Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 you can use
`System' in the control panel or the properties of `My Computer' (under
the `Advanced' tab). Under Vista/7, go to `User Accounts' in the Control
Panel, and select your account and then `Change my environment variables'."

Create a 'New' user variable named PATH, with value

   C:\Program Files (x86)\Graphviz2.20\bin

If a value already exists for PATH, add the above, separated by a
semicolon ;. Restart R and check that the path is set correctly

   path <- strsplit(Sys.getenv("PATH"), ";")[[1]]
   dir(path[grepl("Graphviz2.20", path)])

should return several file names, including, e.g., libgraph-4.dll.
Install Rgraphviz with

   source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
   biocLite('Rgraphviz")

--