[R] [R-pkgs] pxR 0.20

Oscar Perpiñan Lamigueiro oscar.perpinan at upm.es
Mon Jul 25 01:25:53 CEST 2011

Dear useRs,

I'd like to announce the release of pxR, a package to use the PC-Axis
file format in R.

PC-Axis is a software family consisting of a number of programs for the
Windows and Internet environment used to present statistical
information. It is used by national and international institutions to
publish statistical data. Programs in the PC-Axis family use a
particular data file format. pxR provides a set of functions for
reading and writing PC-Axis files.

The function read.px reads a PC-Axis file from a given location and
returns an object of the class px containing all the data and metadata
in the PC-Axis file. The single most important piece of information with
a px object is the data matrix, which can be extracted with function
as.data.frame.

For instance,
	my.px.object <- read.px("/path/to/pc-axis/file")
	my.px.data   <-  as.data.frame(my.px.object)

will create the data.frame my.px.data with the data in the
corresponding PC-Axis file.

Best,

Oscar.