[R] Use ks.test() or an alternative in C/C++ application

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Sat Jul 23 19:40:10 CEST 2011

Jochen1980 wrote:

> I am looking for an opportunity to make a KS-Test in my C/C++-app.
> Unfortunately I am not able to find a lib or function in C or C++ which
> does the job. For my other numerical stuff Gnu Scientific Library was
> recommended to me. What to do now?
>
> I read that there are options to call R in C++-Code. How does that work
> and is this a good option if the test will be called very often and the
> program should be running on a computer cluster?

Have a look at the section on the subject in the "Writing R-extension"
documentation. Much more fancy is Rcpp, for example:

http://r-project.markmail.org/thread/vgedk4gdanjbrlpe

The Rcpp-way is probably the easiest when you have few functions only.

With a computer cluster and, my favorite RServe for maximal flexibility. You
could install RServe on one computer only, and access it from everyhwere.

Dieter