[R] negative binomial regression with spatial weights matrix (not locations)

ChristyM skinny5555 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 21:19:14 CEST 2011

Hello,
I have some data that exhibits a negative binomial distribution and also
spatial structure. I would like to create a model that accounts for both.
However, instead of locations, I have a distance matrix (cost matrix)
describing the spatial relationships among the locations. I have tried using
various methods (spBayes,geoRglm,geoR), but none incorporate both a negative
binomial distribution and distance matrix. Many methods use the geodata
object, which uses coordinates.

Please provide suggestions as to what approach I can use to analyze this
data.

Thank you!!

Christy M.