[R] Subsetting NaN values in localG()

dab98 dab98 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 13 16:17:21 CEST 2011

Still have not solved this problem with package 'spdep'.  It appears localG()
cannot handle either SpatialPoints or a matrix of point coordinates that are
not in a rectangular matrix when plotted. It cannot take NaN values and,
after I successfully used dnearnigh() to create an "nb" object for ONLY
Northeast land points and converted to a 'listw' object, it still returned
the same error. See below ("points" is a 2-column matrix of lat-long point
coordinates; diffD is my data matrix):

/     > neigh2 = dnearneigh(points,0,5,longlat=TRUE)
     > mylist = nb2listw(neigh2,style="B")
     > stats = localG(diffD,mylist)
     Error in matrix(0, nrow = nrow(x), ncol = ncol(x)) :
       invalid 'ncol' value (too large or NA)/

Again, if anyone thinks this analysis is incorrect, please let me know.  If
not, I'll just abandon R for this portion of the project, as it is taking
far too long to use this this package with Getis-Ord statistics, which
should run fairly easily.