[R] qplot and for loops

wwreith reith_william at bah.com
Tue Jul 12 21:21:11 CEST 2011

I have 4 columns and 56 rows of made up data that I want to plot as a series
of bar graphs. The idea is to create one bar graph for each of the 4 columns
using a for loop. I tried the following command in RStudio and when I type x
in the console I get just the 4th graph instead of all four graphs. I did
not define what x is before hand. I was not sure what it would be. Any
suggestions on how you would properly define x?

for(i in 1:4){
qplot(x[i]<-mydata[,i])
}

The headers of the columns are Trial.1 Trial.2 Trial.3 and Trial.4. Also
note that I can easily make any of the four graphs by

i=1 or i=2, etc.
qplot(x<-mydata[,i])

I just need to figure out how to make it loop correctly. The ultimate goal
would also be to save these graphs to my computer with automatically
generated file names. Something like test graph1.png, test graph2.png, etc.

Thanks For The Help!