[R] How to "smoothen" a geodata set in R

Daniel Malter daniel at umd.edu
Tue Jul 12 22:23:57 CEST 2011

To answer your questions:

Yes, yes, and probably no. You will have to pick up any introductory manual
of R where questions 1 and 2 will be discussed.

For 1: you index x as in x[452,682]. For 2: there are ways to write (and
avoid) loops in R (e.g. for or while loops). Often avoidance is preferable
because R is not very fast looping. For 3: I cannot say for sure, but as
long as you data is in matrix format or something that can be coerced to it,
no.

Daniel