[R] Generating a histogram with R

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Jul 12 22:01:47 CEST 2011

On Jul 12, 2011, at 3:41 PM, a217 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a sample file:
>
> chr22	100	150	125	21	0.145	+
> chr22	200	300	212	13	0.05	+
> chr22	345	365	351	12	0.09	+
> chr22	500	750	510	15	0.10	+
> chr22	500	750	642	9	0.02	+
> chr22	800	900	850	10	0.05	+
>

> where I need to generate a histogram from the data in column 6 (i.e.
> 0.145,
> 0.05, etc.). To make it easier to read, I would plot the data as
> 1-0.05=0.95
> for all of the data in column 6.

That makes no sense to me, unless  you want to pre-multiply all values
by 0.95.

> What I would like to know is how to generate a histogram with the
> data from
> one file? Also, would I be able to generate one histogram from
> multiple
> files as well (with the same format)?

?hist
?histogram (# lattice

There are a ton of worked examples in the Archives. Learn to search.
Reasonable search terms once you get to Barons site with RSiteSearch
are (after setting the web interface to get r-help postings): "grouped
histogram"

> For example, I have multiple files in the same format as the sample
> file
> above, and I would like to make one histogram for all column six
> data in all
> files.

Also there are a ton of worked examples in the archive dealing with
accessing multiple files.