[R] Sweave in R 2.13.1 doesn't support cp1250 encoding

Tomaz tomaz.ficko at agroruse.si
Tue Jul 12 12:42:10 CEST 2011

Uwe Ligges <ligges <at> statistik.tu-dortmund.de> writes:

> On 12.07.2011 09:01, Tomaz wrote:
> > Prof Brian Ripley<ripley<at>  stats.ox.ac.uk>  writes:

> >> Which is of course not an ISO Standard encoding.  One way out is to use the
> >> ISO encoding latin2, which is supported.
>
> Have you read this and tried latin2?
>
> Uwe Ligges

Windows XP doesn't have latin2 locale and I think that Sweave should support all
locales (encodings) that are supported by latex package inputenc. If someone can
show me how can I set Rgui/Rterm, Emacs/ESS, Sweave/Latex to use utf8 that would
be helpful. My best current setup was to set all tools to use cp1250.

Best regards,

Tomaz