[R] Getis-Ord Gi* (Hot Spot Analysis)

dab98 dab98 at cornell.edu
Mon Jul 11 16:36:06 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to use the "spdep" package function globalG.test() to compute
Z-scores using Get-Ord Gi* for a data frame of temperature values for the
Northeast (after creating the listw object required), however I keep
receiving an error explaining that I can't input negative values.  I'm
basically trying to mimic ArcGIS' "Hot Spot Analysis" and am wondering if
anyone knows of a built-in function or package that can do this or a method
that works for you.

I could write a very large program using the Get-Ord local statistic
equation, however I'm looking for a more efficient solution.

Thanks,

--
Daniel Bishop
BS, Cornell University '10