[R] change legend character size in image.plot

Peter Ehlers ehlers at ucalgary.ca
Sun Jul 10 21:22:23 CEST 2011

On 2011-07-10 03:16, dmeire wrote:
> I'm using the image.plot() function (fields package), but I want to enlarge
> the characters of the legend (as they are too small to be read in a combined
> figure), but there is no way I can find a command to do this. I can enlarge
> the legend bar (with legend.witdh), axis character size (cex.axis)  or the
> total legend size (legend.shrink), but not the character size of the legend
> characters itself (and only that). Is it possible to do it in one or another
> way?

What do you mean by "legend characters"? The help page has an example
that shows how to modify a legend label ('title' might be a better
term) using a legend.args list. If you mean the axis labels on the
legend, then use an axis.args list with appropriate cex.axis setting).
E.g.

  image.plot(x, y, z, axis.args = list(cex.axis = 2))

If this is not what you have in mind, then you should provide a
reproducible example that illustrates the problem.

Peter Ehlers