[R] problem loading rgdal with Rapache, problem solved due to libexpat with apache.

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Jul 7 23:13:29 CEST 2011

You should provide at least the output of sessionInfo() and the messages
issued by rgdal on load. rgdal has recently been updated to try to address
issues of interference between applications, and it would help very much to
know your intentions, platform, and the versions of the software you are
using.

Roger

Mike Marchywka wrote:

> Has anyone had problems with Rapache that don't show up on command line
> execution of R? I just ran into this loading rgdal in Rapache page and
> having
> a problem with loading shared object. The final complaint was that
> Stop_XMLParser
> was undefined- this was surprising since grep -l showed it in expat lib
> and it worked
> fine from command line. Finally, I noted the search path had apache/lib
> ahead
> of the other places where expat exists.  The libexpat there although
> apparently having
> same versio, so.0.5.0 did not grep for this symbol. Anyway, copying one
> into
> the other fixed the problem and the page works fine but curious is anyone
> has thoughts on what could have caused this. Sorry I don't have
> specific output but i thought you may remember if you ran into
> it and it is not worth trying to replicate. Thanks.

-----
Roger Bivand
Department of Economics
NHH Norwegian School of Economics