[R] How to make matrix missing data 0

xin123620 chengxin.dai at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 21:21:00 CEST 2011

Dear All,

I am trying to analysis traffic data with one timestamp column and speed
column. This data set contains six years data; for each year, I want to make
a matrix in (day of the year) * (hour)
         0  1  2   . . . 23
1
2
.
.
365

However random day's record is missing(e.g. there are 40 missing records in
2005 data set), when I tried to use tapply function, matrix came out is
326*23 table and there were no N/A remind me which day is missing data.

Can you give some hints to make a 366*24 table please? Any help is
appreciated.

Jessica