[R] Help with nlminb and matlab translation

michalseneca michalseneca at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 10:12:12 CET 2011

Hi ,

I would need to translate this from matlab to excel....however I do not know
the syntax for that I tried to replicate that with nlbmin...however how
should i specify additional arguments ?.
for now i Have..as this might be sufficient for me.However I get objective
NaN in result/
nlminb(start=c(-0.0073,0.00096),objective=function,x=x,y=y,t=t,b=b[i])
and how to do feval and following
....or Actuallly how to do it.
Matlab code
for i=1:B;
[param, feval(i)] = fminsearch(@(par) ..function(x,y,z)...
r(i) = param(1);
v(i) = param(2);

end
Thanks for a help since I am still a novice...