[R] Where is a package NEWS.Rd located?

Kevin Wright kw.stat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 21:35:25 CET 2011

Andy, thanks for providing a clear way of saying it.  I thought I was
clear in the first place, but oh well).

Here is the structure of my source files:

hwpkg/DESCRIPTION
hwpkg/R/hw.R
hwpkg/inst/NEWS.Rd

I'm using Windows XP.  When I install this package, I do this:

Rcmd INSTALL hwpkg

Which results in

ls c:/r/r-2.12.0/library/hwpkg/
-rwxr-x---+ 1 wrightkevi 355 Jan  6 14:19 DESCRIPTION
drwxrwx---+ 2 wrightkevi   0 Jan  6 14:19 Meta
-rwxr-x---+ 1 wrightkevi  18 Jan  6 14:19 NEWS.Rd
drwxrwx---+ 2 wrightkevi   0 Jan  6 14:19 R
drwxrwx---+ 2 wrightkevi   0 Jan  6 14:19 help
drwxrwx---+ 2 wrightkevi   0 Jan  6 14:19 html

As you see, there is no "inst/NEWS.Rd" file (NEWS.Rd has been moved UP
a level), and so news(package="hwpkg") returns nothing.

If I build the package into a zipfile and then
install.packages(zipfile), the same problem occurs.

Kevin

--
Kevin Wright