[R] CDF of Sample Quantile

Bentley Coffey bentleygcoffey at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 18:42:21 CET 2011

Because my first attempt for help didn't pan out, I'm trying again with a
more targeted question. See attached for the math I worked through and my
implementation of it in R. Can anyone spot what I'm missing here? I had
thought that it was a numerical issue but I'm starting to doubt myself -- I
fear that it might be the math, perhaps in the change of variables at the
end...

If we can crack this nut, then maybe we should put this into some
package...?

Grateful for any help,

Bentley