[R] different results in MASS's mca and SAS's corresp

Mark Difford mark_difford at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 6 08:40:46 CET 2011

>> When I came to David's comment, I understood the theory, but not the
>> numbers in his answer.  I wanted to see the MASS mca answers "match
>> up" with SAS, and the example did not (yet).

I am inclined to write, "O yea of little faith." David showed perfectly well
that when the results of the two algorithms are put on the same scale
(z-scored) then they are identical to 4th decimal place (except for a change
of sign in the second dimension, which is of no import).

Surely that is miracle-enough?

Mark.