[R] for loop

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Oct 30 20:24:13 CEST 2010

On Oct 30, 2010, at 2:07 PM, Matevž Pavlič wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know this is probalby a very trivial thing to do for most of the R
> users, but since I just strated using it I have some problems....
>
> I have a data.frame with a field called "razred". This field has
> values from 1 up to 15.
>
> Is it possible to create a for loop that would create a new data
> frame for each of the "razred" values.

The R-way would be to use the split function and leave the result in a
list to which the same operation could be also repeatedly performed
using lapply.

?split

And take a look at the fourth example applying split to the builtin
airquality dataframe.

The plyr package also provides functions on dataframes.

--

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT