[R] Cyclic loess

viritha viritha.imp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 22:45:42 CEST 2010

Hi,
I am new to R statistics.I am doing microarray analysis. For which I have
text file "__.txt[1]" which contains 47 columns and 43377 rows including the
first row and first column with headers(names). I need to write a code to
normalize using cyclic loess.
I see this formula for it:
normalize.loess(mat, subset = sample(1:(dim(mat)[1]),
            min(c(5000, nrow(mat)))), epsilon = 10^-2, maxit = 1,
            log.it = TRUE, verbose = TRUE, span = 2/3,
            family.loess = "symmetric")
one of the paper said
normalize.loess(data,epsilon=1,log.it=F,span=0.4,maxit=2).
The data for epsilon,log.it,span and maxit have to be as mentioned in the
paper.I am not aware as to what matrix parameters do I have to give. Any
help on this will be appreciated.
Thank u in advance