[R] DBLEPR?

Prof. John C Nash nashjc at uottawa.ca
Tue Nov 16 20:02:57 CET 2010

Ravi Varadhan and I have been looking at UCMINF to try to identify why it gives occasional
(but not reproducible) errors, seemingly on Windows only. There is some suspicion that its
use of DBLEPR for finessing the Fortran WRITE() statements may be to blame. While I can
find DBLEPR in Venables and Ripley, it doesn't get much mention after about 2000 in the
archives, though it is in the R FAQ and Brian R. mentions they are in libR in a 2009 post.
Are the xxxPR routines now deprecated (particularly for 64 bit systems) or still OK to
use?  If OK, can anyone point to documentation and examples?

JN