[R] the formula of quantile regression for panel data, which is correct?

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 9 14:56:37 CET 2010

> Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 00:41:26 -0800
> From: 523541975 at qq.com
> To: r-help at r-project.org
> Subject: [R] the formula of quantile regression for panel data, which is correct?
>

> Hi,everyone
> I have some trouble in understanding the formula.
> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n3033305/%E6%9C%AA%E5%91%BD%E5%90%8D.jpg
> http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n3033305/%E6%9C%AA%E5%91%BD%E5%90%8D1.jpg
>
> which is correct?

I didn't see anyone else answer this but presumably more context would
help including things like variable defintions. How are the deltas and lambdas
defined or doesn't that matter? You see sign and other conventions change
in many works, especially between disciplines.
When in doubt of course, paper and pencil with test data
can be quite illuminating too :) I guess you could assume that someone
who knows the answer would recognize the source of the nice pictures
and the meanings of the variables but that isn't always the case.