[R] How to Find Version of Installed Library?

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Mon Mar 1 19:07:35 CET 2010

On 01.03.2010 18:58, Lorenzo Isella wrote:
> Dear All,
> Sorry for the trivial question, but if you are using Linux and want to
> know the version of your installed libraries,

I think you mean the version of your installed *packages*, since R
libraries do not have version numbers.

> what are you supposed to do?
> library() just tells you what R libraries you have installed on your
> system, but not their version number.

For one package, you get an oveviwe using
   help(package="name")
or condensed
   packageDescription("name")
or more condensed
   packageDescription("name")$Version

For a list of all installed packages including version numbers:
  installed.packages()

Uwe Ligges