[R] Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata...

david.jessop at ubs.com david.jessop at ubs.com
Tue Jun 22 15:52:27 CEST 2010

To me R is just another programming language. In fact it seems to share quite a lot of the characteristics of "fashionable" languages such as python - for example dynamic typing amonst others.   The fact it happens to be good for statistics and other mathematical stuff is a bonus.

David
David Jessop
Global Head of Quantitative Research
UBS Investment Research