[R] POSIXlt error for 1982-01-01

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Wed Jul 14 09:32:36 CEST 2010

Hi,

Thanks for the reproducible example.

as.POSIXlt("1982-01-01")

works fine for me. You did not specify which OS, R version etc you are
using, which is requested by the posting guide. If you haven't done so
already, please upgrade R to the latest version, this might help.

My info:
R version 2.11.1 (2010-05-31)
i486-pc-linux-gnu

locale:
  [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C
  [3] LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
  [5] LC_MONETARY=C              LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
  [7] LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NAME=C
  [9] LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

On 07/14/2010 04:05 AM, Ian Seow wrote:
> Hi, I am encountering a strange error in POSIXlt... anyone got a clue?
>

>> as.POSIXlt("1982-01-01")
>>
> Error in as.POSIXlt.character("1982-01-01") :
>    character string is not in a standard unambiguous format
>
>> as.POSIXlt("1992-01-01")
>>
> [1] "1992-01-01"
>
>> as.POSIXlt("1972-01-01")
>>
> [1] "1972-01-01"