[R] using tabble

Bernardo Rangel Tura tura at centroin.com.br
Mon Jan 18 10:45:19 CET 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-18 at 17:17 +0800, Fan Dan wrote:
> Dear Helper:
> I am using R to finish a project which is near the dealine.
> Please help me !!!!!
> I need to construct a table. The name of the table is the sequence from 1 to 7 with some missing values arbitrarily.
> For example 1 to 7
> 1    2   3    6   7
> 12  3   45  5   7
>  I want to add the missing numbers of the title which should be seq(1,7)
> In this case, 4  and 5
> and the corresponding data is 0
> So after revised the table should be like
>  1    2   3   4   5   6   7
>  12  3  45  0   0   5   7
> Please tell me how
> I really appreaciate your time and helpn
> Yours
> Wolfgang AMadeurs
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Hi!

If i understood your problem is easy create a fake data for example:

set.seed(123)
x<-rep(sample(1:7,5),3)
table(x)
3 4 5 6 7
3 3 3 3 3

In this example the values "1" and "2" are missing

Solution change your variable to factor and determine your leveal
x.factor<-factor(x,levels=1:7)
table(x.factor)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
0 0 3 3 3 3 3