[R] Novel (Maybe?) Visualizations

stvienna wiener stvienna at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 06:19:42 CET 2010

2010/2/10 Johannes Huesing <johannes at huesing.name>:
> D. Dashcle <d.daschle at hotmail.com> [Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 01:13:58AM CET]:

> I would look for "graphviz" in www.rseek.org and procede from there.

Is graphviz really the only option? I guss so, but the license of
graphviz is very restricted and not comparable
to the usal open source licenses, e.g. GPL or similar.

I spent about a day to find information on graphs in R, search and
searched, tried many libraries, etc.
Compared to other subjects or areas, I found very little and the
quality was limited.

What I need would be:

   - import/export from GraphML
   - basic and advanced graph algorithms

   - nice visualization of graphs (graphviz)
   - interactive input of graphs (or external program and import via GraphML)

Is R the right programming language for that? (I think it is...)

Are there any pointers? Books or tutorials on using R for graph stuff.?

Any help is very much appreciated!

Best regards,
St.