[R] Blinder-Oaxaca decompositions

Christopher christopherbl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 21:46:19 CET 2010

I'm looking for a routine in R to do Blinder-Oaxaca (and related)
decompositions. A very nice one has been written (by Jann) for Stata
(and I'm evaluating whether I can switch over to R). I'm having a hard
time finding any reference in R documentation to this pretty
ubiquitous tool (in labour economics)  for decomposing differences
between two groups into differences in means and differences in
coefficients.

In general, I find it tough to google on R functions and capabilities,
because putting "R" as a search term is a weak criterion. Any tricks
for googling re: R?

Thanks for any advice,
Chris