[R] icon for an R package

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Wed Dec 29 21:08:48 CET 2010

On 12/29/2010 1:01 PM, Marc Schwartz wrote:
> Michael,
> Are you referring to an icon that would be displayed for an R package when browsing in a file manager, such as Nautilus, Konqueror or Finder?
Well, my initial query was just for an icon that I could use in a
presentation to represent several R packages
and the relations among them.
> If so, those icons are typically associated with a file using MIME types and are based upon the file type in question having a unique extension and perhaps being associated with a particular application that is installed.

You raise the more interesting question of OS-specific icons for
R-related file types (.R, .Rd, .RData, .Rnw),
but the only ones I know of are the .RData icon under Windows, and icons
used in eclipse/StatET.

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept.