[R] rgl: coordinating and saving viewpoints, zoom, scale for multiple images

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Fri Dec 17 23:39:25 CET 2010

Michael Friendly wrote:

> Context: I have two or more rgl-based views of a given data set, perhaps
> fitting different
> models, or showing different things across views.  I want to be able to
> hand-rotate, zoom, scale
> one view to something I like, and then show the other views with  matching
> viewpoints and scaling.
> so that one could flip back/forth among graphs and see only the relevant
> differences.

It's late here, so I might be missing your point, but maybe this helps

Dieter

# ----------------- saveSettings
saveSettings = function(){
  if (rgl.cur()>0) {
    par3 = par3d(no.readonly=TRUE)
    save(par3,file=Pdata)
  }
}
  if (file.exists(Pdata))
      load(Pdata,envir=.GlobalEnv) else
      cat(Pdata, "No settings file found; using defaults\n")