[R] ReadWrite.xls problem

tkdweber tkd.weber at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 15:52:56 CET 2010

Dear community,

I have now taken my R-file from lectures and intend to use it at home, but
have a problem
reading the Data from the file. I have installed and loaded the Package
xlsReadWrite so far.
I have also "Changed directory".

This is what I have entered
daten=read.xls("Daten A2")

This is my Error-Message in its German original:
Fehler in .Call("ReadXls", file, colNames, sheet, type, from, rowNames,  :
  Falsche Anzahl von Argumenten (11), erwarte 10 für ReadXls

This is my Error-Message in its english translation:
Error in .Call("ReadXls", file, colNames, sheet, type, from, rowNames,  :
  Wrong Number of Arguments (11), expect 10 for ReadXls

Please help me in solving this problem. Without being able to read data, the
programme renders pointless for me :-(

Chers,
Toby