[R] Data Manipulations and SQL

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 19:28:14 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 1:18 PM, stephenb <Stephen.Bond at cibc.com> wrote:
> is it possible to open a channel to a data frame in the default environment?
> there are cases when using a sql update statement is the simplest
> alternative, so instead of dumping the df and then updating and then
> reimporting it I would like to update the df directly in R.

Assuming that this is a question about sqldf see these links. The
first has an example of update and the second discusses connections
that persist across sqldf commands:

http://code.google.com/p/sqldf/#8._Why_am_I_having_problems_with_update?
http://code.google.com/p/sqldf/#Example_10._Persistent_Connections

You may also wish to use the RSQLite package directly.

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.
email: ggrothendieck at gmail.com