[R] Exporting Nuopt from splus to R

Jp2010 mandans_p at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 01:16:17 CEST 2010

Hi all,
Thanks for the wonderful forum with all the valuable help and comments here.

I have been a splus user for the past 7 to 8 years and now crossing the mind
of changing over to R. Have been doing a lot of reading and one of the main
reasons is being an open source and the wonderful things that comes with
that.

My question is though, is it possible to export any of the function or
librarys that come with splus to R.?

For my specific situation. Windows platform, if there is a compiled s.dll is
there a way we can get this working in R. I would think if it s function or
source file it probably can be written without much difficulty in R. But
what about the compiled data. I am not a system programmer so don't know
much about compiling/ undoing that.

>From my understanding it is going to be difficult, is that my understanding
right.?

Thanks