[R] rotate levelplot

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Oct 25 13:46:44 CET 2009

On Oct 25, 2009, at 1:51 AM, Kang Min wrote:

> Hi Milton,
>
> The matrix can be generated using
>
> p = matrix(1:50, nrow=5)
>
> If I just use levelplot(p), it gives me a graph that is vertical. How
> can I rotate it so it becomes horizontal?
> I cannot do
>
> q = t(p); levelplot(q)
>
> because this is representing a map from a piece of land, transposing
> the data will flip the map upside down laterally.

You can reverse the order of the indices. I cannot quite figure out
which reversal will accomplish your goals because your description
seems ambiguous but take a look at the output of htese and you should
be able to apply hte strategy to your situation:

  library(lattice)
#as a courtesy to the helpeRs it's nice to reference the package in
which you function resides

  p = matrix(1:50, nrow=5)
  q2 = p[5:1, ] ; levelplot(q2)

  levelplot(p)