[R] JGR GUI for R-2.10.0 "Help" "Print"

Bob Meglen bmeglen at comcast.net
Sun Nov 15 17:59:45 CET 2009

I have updated R 2.9.1 to 2.10.0. and JGR GUI 1.7.  I am running Windows XP.
I can't seem to get the JGR "Print" or "Help" functions to work. The system
locks and requires me to "stop the process".

 In the past I have preferred the opreation and "feel" of JGR GUI. I realize
that this help forum is for R;  but,  I am hoping that some other R-user is
a JGR GUI user and might have a hint about this.

At one point I received the following:

Attaching package: 'utils'

 The following object(s) are masked from package:rJava :

  head,
  str,
  tail

starting httpd help server ...Error in tools:::startDynamicHelp() : could
not find function "runif"
During startup - Warning message:
package JGR in options("defaultPackages") was not found

starting httpd help server ... done
q()