[R] re move row if the column "date_abandoned" has a date in it

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Nov 14 22:32:58 CET 2009

On Nov 14, 2009, at 1:21 PM, frenchcr wrote:

> I want to go through a column in data called

Bad name for a data.frame. Fortunes, "dog" and all that.

> date_abandoned....data["date_abandoned"]....and remove all the rows
> that
> have numbers greater than 1,010,000.

Are you doing archeology? Given what you say next I wondered what
range you were really asking for.

> The dates are in the format 20091114 so i'm just going to treat them
> as
> numbers for clean up purposes.
>

> I know that i use subset but not sure how to proceed from there.

subdata <- subset(data, date_abandoned > "01010000"()

The problem with > "1010000" is that your specified minimum point had
an insufficient number of "places" to be in YYYYMMDD format.

--

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories