[R] How to quit unwanted execution immediately?

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Fri Nov 13 20:19:45 CET 2009

[Going through some old and from what I see unanswered messages]

R can or cannot response immediately depending on the underlying C
sources. If the underlying source code is written carefully enough,
there are more or less regular checks for events such as this one.
If you are using some contributed package, it may be an issue in this
package's source code.

Best wishes,
Uwe Ligges