[R] Can I Compile R with MS Access 2003 Developer Extensions?

Emmanuel Charpentier charpent at bacbuc.dyndns.org
Sun May 31 22:23:13 CEST 2009

Le dimanche 31 mai 2009 à 12:08 -0700, Felipe Carrillo a écrit :
> Hi:
> I have an application that uses MS Access as front end interacting
> with Excel,Word,Sigmaplot and R in the background. I use the programs
> to do different tasks but I mainly use R to create graphics on my
> Access forms without having to manually open R.
> To make this short, I was wondering if R can be compiled from Access
> using the Developer Extensions. I know that the MS office programs can
> be compiled with it but don't know if it can be done including R.

Somehow, I strongly doubt it : R compilation needs tools totally alien
to Microsoft's world vision.

However, ISTR that there exists some sort of R-WinWorld bridge. Have a
look here : http://cran.miroir-francais.fr/contrib/extra/dcom/

Note that I can't vouch for it myself : I didn't touch a Windows
computer for years...

HTH,

					Emmanuel Charpentier