[R] Unable to load R

Zeljko Vrba zvrba at ifi.uio.no
Thu May 28 10:59:10 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 02:02:52PM +0530, anupam sinha wrote:

> Actually I did a search using "locate" but could not find the file. But when

Locate reports useful results only if its database is up-to-date.  Try running
one of

ldd /usr/lib/R/bin/exec/R
ldd /usr/lib64/R/bin/exec/R

and see what it reports.  Maybe R is linked to another readline version than
is installed on the system.

> I  do "yum install readline (package containing the dependency
> libreadline.so.5) " I get the following error:
>

> yum install readline
> rhel-x86_64-client-5      100% |=========================| 1.3 kB
> 00:00
> Setting up Install Process
> Parsing package install arguments
> Package readline - 5.1-1.1.x86_64 is already installed.
> Package readline - 5.1-1.1.i386 is already installed.
> Nothing to do

Otherwise, you could also ask on a mailing list related to your distribution.

> Plzz help me out.

And learn how to spell "please".