[R] optim() question

Ravi Varadhan RVaradhan at jhmi.edu
Tue May 26 23:02:17 CEST 2009

Stephen,

No.  Currently, AFAIK, there is no such switching algorithm for optimization
in R.  John Nash and I are working on a package for integrating various
optimization tools (for smooth, box-constrained optimization) in R.  This
will have a function that can run through multiple algorithms.  While this
is not exactly what you are asking for, it can be quite useful for your
purposes, which I assume is to find a local optimum in a reliable fashion.

Ravi.

-------

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, The Center on Aging and Health

Johns Hopkins University

Ph: (410) 502-2619

Fax: (410) 614-9625

Email: rvaradhan at jhmi.edu