[R] R-windows unsuccessful

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Tue May 26 13:02:31 CEST 2009

Hi,

perl not found

This says that perl is not installed, you need to install it. In
addition, I am not really sure what "all necessary pacakges" or "your
software" is and what you want to do with R. Please read the posting
guide carefully for requirements for postings to the help list. In
addition, it seems that you have written this email on behalf of a
class. The primary source for questions is your tutor/teacher. I'm not
trying to be rude, but this post is not likely to get useful responses
from the mailing list.

cheers and good luck,
Paul

Clinton wrote:
> To whom it may concern
>
> We are currently trying to utilize your software on windows. We have downloaded all necessary packages and followed instructions as to how to perform the model. Thus the installation has worked perfectly, however when trying to run the program an error message appears "Converting xls file to csv file... Error in system(cmd, intern = !verbose) : perl not found Error in file.exists(tfn) : invalid 'file' argument".
>
>> The software works on Mac computers but not on windows. Could we please have some assistance as to how we can run these models on windows successfully.
>>

> Regards
> Honours Class 2009
> UKZN
> South Africa