[R] survfit, summary, and survmean (was Changelog for survival package)

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Fri May 22 15:28:53 CEST 2009

> Further I appreciate your new function survmean(). At the moment it
> seems to be intended as internal, and not documented in the help.

The computations done by print.survfit are now a part of the results returned by
summary.survfit.  See  'table' in the output list of ?summary.survfit.  Both
call an internal survmean() function to ensure that any future updates stay in
synchrony.

This was a perennial (and justified) complaint with print.survfit.  Per the
standard print(x) always returns x, so there was no way to get the results of
the print as an S object.

  Terry