[R] arrangement of crowded labels

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Thu May 21 21:45:06 CEST 2009

The dynIdentify and TkIdentify functions work in 2 dimensions (and I think the thigmophope.labels does as well).  The algorithm in spread.labs could be adapted to 2 dimensions (the example shows a semi-2 dimensional approach) if you can define what you want to happen (can labels overplot the points?, how far from the points can they move?, etc.), other than toy examples, I think the interactive approach in (dyn/Tk)Identify is probably better than trying to work out all the rules to give to a fully automated function (unless you need something fully automatic).

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center