[R] postscript problems (landscape orientation)

Zeljko Vrba zvrba at ifi.uio.no
Thu May 21 14:27:03 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 02:14:01PM +0200, Peter Dalgaard wrote:

> I think the trick is
>
> jade:~/> env | grep GS_
> GS_OPTIONS=-dAutoRotatePages=/None

Thanks, I found that myself.  However, when using ps2pdf from Miktex 2.7, I
get the following error:

Unrecoverable error: typecheck in .putdeviceprops

I will try to manually invoke gs or, eventually, just use Distiller.

> which I still have on my work login. However, I almost never use PS
> these days since it is easier just to create the plot files with the
> pdf() device.

Ah, now I remember why I don't use pdflatex: when you re-create the document,
the viewer gets _very_ confused, so I have to close and reopen the file and go
to the page I was viewing.  When I recreate postscript and turn on "Watch file"
in ghostview, I get automatic and quick previews of my work.