[R] How to plot a surface plot (+contour map) from this data

Morpheous takashi_949 at hotmail.com
Tue May 19 00:32:41 CEST 2009

I am new to R. I have 3 dimensional data as follows:

X axis: date values (e.g. Jan-01, Feb-01 .... Jan-06)
Y axis: float values
Z axis: float values

I would like to plot this data into a surface plot with a contour map
underneath the surface plot, using this data. I would be very grateful for
any tips on how I can construct such a plot - specifically, dealing with the
date data, and also superimposing a contour map underneath the surface plot.