[R] How do you save in R?

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Mon May 18 09:36:32 CEST 2009

prixel <snickersoof <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> I know it sounds like a silly question but whenever i click on "save to file"
> it doesn't save.

Assuming "it" is Windows GUI and not your grandmother's knitting needles,
"save to file" writes the selected part of the GUI to a file and is not
that useful as a function.
You should use File/Save Workspace instead, but better avoid this approach
and use save(mydata1, mydata2, file="mydata.Rdata") instead to have
reproducible results.

> whenever i use the function attach(___) it doesn't work,

Best avoid using attach at all. It can be more confusing than helpful.

> and says object can not be found. i have a series of data (0,0,0,1,1) that i
> need to save, then i want to attach(...) it in another R window.

Use load("the file you saved above.Rdata") instead in the new R Window.

Dieter